Passport Replacement Coverage

CIBTvisas’s Passport Replacement Coverage ensures that your passport can be replaced if it has been lost, stolen or damaged.

CIBTvisas recommends that every client and customer takes advantage of CIBTvisas’s Passport Replacement Coverage.  With this service, CIBTvisas will replace a lost, stolen, or damaged passport.  Coverage does not include replacement of expired passports or valid travel visas and coverage may not exceed $205.00.

You can purchase the Passport Replacement Coverage with each order.

Need a US Passport?


Need to Make a Claim?

If you enrolled CIBTvisas’s Passport Replacement Coverage you must notify CIBTvisas if your passport has been lost, stolen or damaged to make a claim.

  1. Notify CIBTvisas.  Call CIBTvisas at 1-800-929-2428 to make a claim.  You must have your personal information as listed on the information page of your passport ready when you call. We will then collect your information, locate your account in our system, and confirm your enrollment in the program.  Please note that the coverage limited for a lost, stolen, or damaged passport may not exceed $205.00.
  2. If instructed, send the completed forms to CIBTvisas. Make a copy of your forms and collected items for your records and send the originals to the location listed in the CIBTvisas Application Kit.
  3. CIBTvisas will provide you with your order status. As soon as we receive your application we will begin processing your request. CIBTvisas will secure the fastest processing time to replace your lost or stolen passport.  The available processing time is at the discretion of government officials.  CIBTvisas will email you with a confirmation of receipt and a link to our online tracking tool which allows you to do real-time tracking of your request from the CIBTvisas website.

To Replace a Lost, Stolen, or Damaged US Passport You Will Need:

  1. Passport.  You must, where possible submit your current US passport. 
  2. Two passport photographs.  US passport applications must include two identical color photographs of each applicant taken within the last month.  Passport photographs must be 2” inches high x 2” inches wide and comply with the United States Department of State standards.

  3. Passport application form.  You must complete the United States Department of State DS-11 First-Time Passport application form.

  4. DS-64 statement form.  If your US passport was lost or stolen, you must complete the United States Department of State DS-64 Statement Regarding a Lost or Stolen Passport.

  5. Passport authorization letter.  We require permission from you to process the application on your behalf.  You will need to complete a letter of authorization.

Concierge Service

Don’t put your travel plans at risk. A dedicated Concierge Service specialist will manage the entire process from start to finish, providing the expertise necessary to ensure your request is approved as quickly as possible. Experience the certainty and convenience of our Concierge Service.

Learn More

Visa Pre-Check

Have an urgent visa application that carries a tight deadline?  CIBTvisas can help you to save valuable time and avoid expensive delays.  A CIBTvisas expert will review all of your documents to confirm your application is accurate, complete and ready for submission. We will contact you personally to quickly handle any mistakes ensuring your application is submitted correctly.

Learn More

Digital Photo Service

Need a fast, easy and inexpensive way to get a photo you can use for your passport or visa application? Use your own camera in the comfort of your home or office. Simply click and then upload your photo to our website. We will take care of the rest ensuring your photo meets government and consular requirements.

Learn More